Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
12 Tips To Reduce Fuel Consumption
1. Discover which day of the week is the lowest for petrol, and be ready to fill up on that day.
2. Don't wait until the fuel tank is empty before you buy petrol.
3. Using the tyre pressures recommended by the car manufacturer gives the car optimal results between handling, tyre wear and softness of ride. By increasing these pressures by only 2-4 PSI, not only increases fuel economy, but also increases tyre life and handling response.
4. If you are sitting at a set of traffic lights or in traffic for an extended length of time, put your car into neutral or park. This can save a significant amount of fuel.
5. If you live within walking distance of your local shopping venue, walk there and back, and arrange to have your shopping delivered by the store.
6. Always try to accelerate gradually and steadily rather than putting the foot down hard, taking it off quickly and then having to brake to stop from running into the car in front. This not only saves fuel but also makes your brakes last longer.
7. Do all of the regular things when you get into the car (such as putting seatbelts on, talking to the kids, etc) PRIOR to switching the engine on. If these little preparations take two minutes, then four trips per day, five days per week, add up to 34 hours a year when your car engine is idling!
8. When filling up your car with petrol, keep the hose in the tank until after the pump shuts off. As much as a half cup of petrol is in the hose after the pump stops.
9.Did you know that - for example - if you travel at 80km per hour instead of 100km per hour, you will reduce your fuel consumption by 50%? If you reduce your speed by even a small amount the rewards are substantial - and it helps with those speeding fines!
10. Wherever possible, always try to use public transport to get to and from work. If this isn't possible, car pool with other people who live in the same area as you.
11. Keep the vehicle as lightly loaded as possible - no unneccessary weights in the car!
12. Plan your trip - say if you need to go shopping - in a logical geographical sequence so you won't be doubling back on yourself. This will give you a better fuel efficiency because you won't be stopping and starting your engine repeatedly and unnecessarily.
This is my first award..awarded from Lily
Thank you very much
lyly said : tu sais je t'taime
This second award from PrincessQish